Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spring into #Horror #Readathon - Mid-Event Check-In #SpringHorror #Prizes


We're at the halfway point. Who would have thought just a month ago we would be in the situation we're currently finding ourselves. It's crazy. I hope everyone continues to stay safe and well.

So, how is it going with the reading? Hope everyone is enjoying some good escapist reading. I find horror to be very escapist. Let me know your progress in the comments, or leave a link. 

News!
I mentioned a horror movie watch-along in the starting post. I decided on "The Dark Secret of Harvest Home" (based on the novel, Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon) because it's free to watch on YouTube. It's in two parts. I had polls up in the Facebook group and on Twitter, plus a post in the Goodreads group. The two choices were April 17 and 18 or April 24 and 25. The majority over all polls was the April 24/25 dates (yes, I know Dewey's 24 Hour readathon is the 25th, but maybe a nice two hour break will be just what we need). I host the watch-alongs on Slack. It's free to join. Invite link below.

Complete details on the watch-along:

The Dark Secret of Harvest Home - YouTube
Part 1 Here
Part 2 Here

Dates/Times:
Part 1 - Friday, April 24 at 8:00 pm CST/9:00 pm EST
Part 2 - Saturday April 25 at 8:00 pm CST/9:00 pm EST

Slack invite link - just click the link and sign up. It's free. I'll create a channel (in the left sidebar) for #harvest-home-watch-along https://join.slack.com/t/seasonsofreading/shared_invite/zt-9nm09zwx-oBpnfIw7AG_Cli4IT1SsIA

Spring into Horror Prizes

Prize One (One winner)
I will make a $15 donation to the winner's choice of a human rights organization, such as the ACLU, Boys and Girls Club, Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, Amnesty International, It Gets Better, Planned Parenthood, or another human rights organization of your choice, perhaps your local chapter or a local organization. This giveaway is open internationally. Note: I will not donate to any organization that does not believe that all are equal, regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation.

WINNER - TARA
Prize Two (One winner)
Winner's choice of any book title from the bargain books (these are generally used books) section of Better World Books. They ship internationally (priced at $3.98 or less) OR a $3.00 Amazon eGift card.

Giveaway DetailsThis is a readathon participant only giveaway. To be eligible, you must have signed up, participated and added a link to the official readathon wrap-up post (I will give everyone until Tuesday, May 5th at 11:59 pm CST to complete their wrap-ups). We no longer use a linky for wrap-ups. The Google form on our wrap-up post is where you will enter your info, your wrap-up link, and answer yes/no on whether you want to win a prize or not. We have a total of 2 prizes. This means there will be 2 winners. I will award prizes on a first come, first served basis. I will draw the 2 winners with random.org and email all 2 at the same time. The first person who emails me back with their choice gets that prize. I will mark off the prizes as they are taken. Winners will be chosen after the wrap-up post deadline (see above).

Happy Reading!

truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I have not even done any reading for this or anything else lately. I have been in the hospital twice in three weeks and probably again shortly. Not Corona related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try tonight! It just depends on how the day goes. It's just tough right now. But tomorrow will be harder. But hopefully I can make it work for one of the days!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf