Monday, October 1, 2018

#FrightFall #Readathon - Starting line! #SomethingWickedFall



The pre-readathon has come to an end and FrightFall is officially underway! I don't know about you, but I'm excited. I have a ton of scary reads lined up and movies and shows to watch...can I just say "Halloween" and the Netflix series "The Haunting of Hill House"!!!??? Not to mention our read-along of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes and our watch-along at the end of the month (details just below)!


This year, our FrightFall is part of my Something Wicked this Fall Comes event at Castle Macabre. During the readathon, we are doing a read-along of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes and a watch-along of the movie on October 27. All the details for the read-along/watch-along can be found here. (I'm also adding a link in the sidebar menu so you can easily access the reading/discussion schedule.)


Remember, the one main "rule" of FrightFall is that you must read ONE scary book (which can be a thriller, mystery, Gothic novel, or similar for those who are faint of heart). The rest of the month? Keep reading scary if you want, or read whichever genre you choose.

I did not get many prize donations this time. I did have a couple of generous authors donate book prizes, and I will be offering a couple of prizes myself. Everyone here knows that we like to make this about the reading anyway. I'll have the prize page posted as soon as I can. Hopefully, by the end of this week. There will be a link in the sidebar menu for easy access. Of course, there's always a chance I might get more prize offers since it is a month long event. We shall see!

Don't forget that you can participate even if you don't have a blog. Just link up with your Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (and just post your updates from whichever venue you choose) AND don't forget our Facebook group, our Goodreads groupand our Instagram. If you have any questions about updates, etc., feel free to ask. I will post a mid-event check in post around the middle of the month so be sure to stop by and leave progress, or a link, in the comments.

Hashtag across all social media is #FrightFall  Feel free to also use #SomethingWickedFall

The linky below is the same one as the sign up linky. If you do a starting line/goal post, just add your link again, but be sure to put "goal post" beside your name, i.e. Michelle/True Book Addict (goal post). Note: If you're just signing up, you can do it here on this post. It's the same linky.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could participate but I'm committed to my own challenge and it takes all my time. Something Wicked was a great movie and book. There is a The Haunting Of Hill House series on Netflix???? Gotta check that out.

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf