Saturday, May 20, 2023

2023 Sci-Fi Summer Readathon - Sign up now!


Time for a month of science fiction...and fantasy! As always, a shout out to the person who originally inspired this event...Mallory (The Haunted Reading Room). It's our 8th year! I look forward to it every year. I don't read enough science fiction so this helps me broaden my horizons. It might be the same for you. 👽

We start at 12:00 am eastern time on June 1st and end at 11:59 pm eastern time on June 30th. (There is a handy link to a time zone converter in the sidebar menu.) Guidelines for the readathon can be found HERE or you can access in the sidebar menu. Any information you need about the readathon can be found there. Please do be sure to check the guidelines to make sure you're following along correctly. There are specific rules regarding sign up and wrap up, especially in regards to the giveaway.

Since science fiction is a very specific genre, this will be strictly reading science fiction during the event. However, since fantasy is so closely related to the genre (often grouped together), if you feel more comfortable reading fantasy, that is also fine.

Our social media hashtag is #SciFiJune
Our other social media:
Facebook group
Facebook page
Goodreads group
Instagram
Discord (this is an invite link. If you're already a member, you should still be able to access the server.)

All links to our social media are also in the sidebar menu.

I am no longer active on Twitter. I'm in the process of removing tweets from all my accounts and making the accounts generic (it is recommended to do this rather than delete the account so someone else can't sign up using the same name). I'm on Mastodon at @truebookaddict@mstdn.social and Spoutible at @msmwriter and Instagram @truebookaddict

Some orders of business...
  • Since Goodreads stopped the events feature, it has become a bit more difficult to spread the word, and to obtain prize donations. I would appreciate help in spreading the word. Also, if you know anyone (authors, etc.) who would like to donate a prize, have them message me via the contact form in the sidebar menu. Thank you!
  • Every readathon, I offer a charity donation prize (to a social justice charity) to one winner. This prize is awarded at the beginning of the readathon. Details on how it works are on the guidelines page. I will also be offering another small prize. Hopefully, I will get some prize donations (see above). If I do, I will post the prize page during the first week of the event.
  • Grab the button and spread the word! There’s a grab code in the sidebar or download the image at the top of this post.

Join us at my community reading site, Gather Together and Read for a 1000 Books Project read-along of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Information and reading schedule can be found here.

Any questions at all? Leave me a comment, or send me a message via the contact me link in the sidebar menu.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


truebookaddict

5 comments:

  1. making time this readathon hope I can finish a few in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been checking every day for this! Hurry, June!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done one of these in awhile. Looking forward to jumping back in again!-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made it under the wire! The Witcher Season 3 starts June 29th. The timing for this readathon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf