Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Winter's Respite Readathon 2023 - Time to sign up!


Sign up is here! Time for a month of reading to decompress from the holidays, and all the new year goals we may already be failing at. lol Nothing better than some comfort reading.

We start at 12:00 am on February 1 and end at 11:59 pm on February 28. Times are set for the eastern time zone so adjust your times accordingly (you can use the link to the time zone converter in the sidebar menu). Of course, like most readathons, the books read must be novels or novellas, adult or young adult are fine, and you can read children's books (as long as you do read some novels too). Note: Non-Fiction is also okay! You DO NOT have to participate the entire month. Join in when you can, start in the middle, end early...whatever works best for your schedule. As with all of my readathons, it will be an event of relaxed reading during which we can personally challenge ourselves and whittle away those ever looming TBR piles/shelves/libraries.

Guidelines for the readathon can be found HERE or you can access in the sidebar menu. Any information you need about the readathon can be found there. Please do be sure to check the guidelines to make sure you're following along correctly. There are specific rules regarding signing up and wrapping up, especially in regards to the giveaway. We no longer use a wrap-up linky and we are now just using the Google form for wrap-ups (since I require your wrap-up link there anyway). That way you don't have to do two steps at the end of the readathon. The wrap-up Google form will be on the wrap-up post instead of the prize page. I will have a yes/no so you can let me know if you're opting out of winning a prize. (If you want to visit people who participated, you can do so via the sign-up/starting line linky. I will have a link to it on the wrap-up post).

Prizes...
  • I am looking for prize donations so if anyone would like to contribute, let me know. Authors, this is a great way to promote your book! Contact me via the contact form in the menu. If you know of an author who might be interested, pass along a message. Thanks!

  • Every readathon, I offer a charity donation prize (to a social justice charity) to one winner. This prize is awarded at the beginning of the readathon. Details on how it works are on the guidelines page. I will also be offering another small prize. Hopefully, I will get some prize donations (see above). If I do, I will post the prize page during the first week of the event.

  • There will be a mid-event check-in post. If do not receive prize donations, I will share the additional prize I'm giving away on that post.
Our social media hashtag is #WintersRespite
I am no longer on Twitter (I have not deleted my accounts yet, but I no longer interact there). I'm on Mastodon at @truebookaddict@mstdn.social
We have our outstanding Facebook group and our Facebook Page, and don't forget our Goodreads group, our Instagram, and our Discord (invite link: https://discord.gg/e6uAmXtGqA)
All social media links are also in the sidebar.

Grab the button and spread the word! Grab the code in sidebar or download the image at the top of this post.

Any questions at all? Leave me a comment, or send me a message via the contact me link in the sidebar menu.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

Get new posts by email:

3 comments:

  1. It is time to cuddle up under a warm blanket and read one more time before the frozen blanket of snow melts into spring. Winter's Respite. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss times without Readathons! Even though I internally quibble about stopping to record, actually doing so, and seeing what I've read, inspires me to read more, and to devote more time to actual reading.

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf