Tuesday, September 10, 2019

#FrightFall #Readathon - Sign up! #SomethingWickedFall


Fall is here! Well, not officially, but only a little over a week to go. September 1st and I'm all like, "It's fall!" So, in just a few weeks...FrightFall! Woot!

We start at 12:00 am central time on October 1st and end at 11:59 pm central time on October 31st. (There is now a handy link to a time zone converter in the sidebar menu.) I hope you're ready to get your scary on! Guidelines for the readathon can be found HERE or you can access in the sidebar menu. Any information you need about the readathon can be found there. Please do be sure to check the guidelines to make sure you're following along correctly. There are specific rules regarding sign up and wrap up, especially in regards to the giveaway.

The one main "rule" of FrightFall is that you must read at least ONE scary book (which can be a thriller, mystery, Gothic novel, or similar for those who are faint of heart). Since we are doing a month long, I hope you will indulge the scary a bit more, but that is entirely up to you. It is all about the reading after all.

Reminder: I have eliminated the wrap-up linky and we are now just using the Google form for wrap-ups (since I require your wrap-up link there anyway). That way you don't have to do two steps at the end of the readathon. The wrap-up Google form will be on the wrap-up post instead of the prize page. I will have a yes/no so you can let me know if you're opting out of winning a prize. (If you want to visit people who participated, you can do so via the sign-up/starting line linky. I will have a link to it on the wrap-up post).

Our social media hashtag is #FrightFall We have our outstanding Facebook group, and don't forget our our Goodreads group and our Instagram. (There are also access tabs in the sidebar menu.)

Two orders of business...
  • I am looking for prize donations so if anyone would like to contribute, let me know.
  • Authors, this is a great way to promote your book! Contact me via the contact form in the menu. If you know of an author who might be interested, pass along a message. Thanks!


As of last year, FrightFall is officially a part of Something Wicked Fall, which runs September/October over at my horror blog, Castle Macabre. We are doing a read-along of Stephen King's Doctor Sleep through the end of October. We just started September 1st so there's still time to join in. We are also going to be having two or three movie watch-alongs. I'm thinking The Shining (suggested by one of our members) first, and Midsommar second. We will decide on the third in October. I will be creating a poll on SurveyMonkey soon to decide on dates/times.

Get all the details for what's going on during Something Wicked Fall here.

FrightFall sign-up linky...

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. My Fall is Sept. 1-Nov. 30 and Winter is Dec. 1- March 31. Those are "my" seasons and Walpurgisnacht and Samhain and Yule are "my holidays (and Mabon). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seasonal fall reading and maybe some scary screen time if I feel brave.

    Twitter: @MaynardLara
    https://twitter.com/MaynardLara

    Instagram: lara.maynard
    https://www.instagram.com/lara.maynard/

    Goodreads: Lara Maynard
    https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/18499870-lara-maynard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo can't wait! Lining up my King reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book choices: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2cdNCKAJBz/?igshid=c0rig65gvnum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to some scary stories.
    Thanks for the Readathon.
    Carol Smith
    penelope223@yahoo.com������☠️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your website accidentally thru GoodReads! I am so excited because I absolutely love readathons! I always read spooky stories in October! Can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am posting about a Halloween(ish) book ever day. Check it out when you can.
    I think I have got this, this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love Fall, and I want to enter in every readathon around Fall and scary stuff I see xD I will be doing yours and mine, although mine is for Portuguese readers. I can't wait for October 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frightfall 2019 will be so fun! Just a few more hours... ^_^ -E Pineapple

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf