Saturday, September 22, 2018

#FrightFall #Readathon - Time to sign up! #SomethingWickedFall


Fall is here! And yes, I'm really late with this sign-up post. So sorry! October is right around the corner and you know what that means. It will be time for FrightFall! A full month of nothing but scary reading (for me anyway)!

We start at 12:00am central time on October 1st and end at 11:59pm central time on October 31st. (There is now a handy link to a time zone converter in the menu above) I hope you're ready to get your scary on! Guidelines for the readathon can be found HERE or you can access in the sidebar menu. Any information you need about the readathon can be found there. Please do be sure to check the guidelines to make sure you're following along correctly. There are specific rules regarding sign up and wrap up, especially in regards to the giveaway.

This year we're having a pre-readathon on September 29-30 and a post-readathon on October 31 - November 1. These will be 48 hour readathons. No special sign-ups needed for these. If you're participating in FrightFall, you're automatically in (if you want to be).

Just a reminder, I have eliminated the wrap-up linky and we are now just using the Google form for wrap-ups (since I require your wrap-up link there anyway). That way you don't have to do two steps at the end of the readathon. The wrap-up Google form will be on the wrap-up post instead of the prize page. I will have a yes/no so you can let me know if you're opting out of winning a prize. (If you want to visit people who participated, you can do so via the sign-up/starting line linky. I will have a link to it on the wrap-up post).

Just remember...the one main "rule" of FrightFall is that you must read at least ONE scary book (which can be a thriller, mystery, Gothic novel, or similar for those who are faint of heart). Since we are doing a month long, I hope you will indulge the scary a bit more, but that is entirely up to you. It is all about the reading after all.

Our social media hashtag is #FrightFall and we have our outstanding Facebook group which is the BEST reading community. Of course, I'm biased! Don't forget our our Goodreads groupand our Instagram  (There are also access tabs in the sidebar menu.)

Two orders of business...
  • I am looking for prize donations so if anyone would like to contribute, let me know.
  • Authors, this is a great way to promote your book! Contact me via the contact form in the menu. If you know of an author who might be interested, pass along a message. Thanks!



This year, our FrightFall is part of my Something Wicked this Fall Comes event at Castle Macabre. During the readathon, we are doing a read-along of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes and a watch-along of the movie on October 27. All the details for the read-along/watch-along can be found here.

Sign up in the linky below. Be sure to grab the button at the top of this post (I'll have a grab code in the sidebar soon).

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. Same I got tons of spooky reads ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read Stephen King all month again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully this year, without doing a lot of book tours, I'll be able to participate more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I found my copy of Something Wicked This Way COmes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frightfall rocks! Better than ever this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signed up. Looking forward to some spooky reads.
    Thanks.
    Carol Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I love this readathon and I can't wait to start the books on my tbr :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm signed up and super excited ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit late but I wouldn't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait. I am really excited about this readathon!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a little late but I just signed up.

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf