Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sci-Fi Summer #Readathon - Sign up #SciFiJune


As always, a shout out to the person who originally inspired this event...Mallory (The Haunted Reading Room). This is our third year, folks...and we are now a two week long event!

How do you like the Fahrenheit 451 background? I'm going to be reading the book in June with my Goodreads group, TuesBookTalk. It's a reread (I think). Honestly, it has been so long, I can't remember! Really looking forward to the HBO film coming next weekend!

Details:
  • Read-a-Thon dates: Friday, June 1 at 12:00am CDT until Thursday, June 14 at 11:59pm CDT (adjust your time zone accordingly...there's a time zone converter in the sidebar menu). We do a different day configuration (rather than starting on a Monday and ending on a Sunday) to go along with the quirkiness of science fiction. 👽
  • Since science fiction is a very specific genre, this will be strictly reading science fiction during the event. However, since fantasy is so closely related to the genre (often grouped together), if you feel more comfortable reading fantasy, that is also fine.
  • to check in on social media, we'll use our new hashtag #SciFiJune
  • as usual, you do not have to have a blog to participate...feel free to link up and check in from Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, etc. These days, it seems most of our activity goes on in our Facebook group which I love. We have a great community over there...and it's not just during readathons. Everyone should feel free to post in there any time. 
  • As always, please refer to the Guidelines page if you have any questions, or you can contact me via the contact me tab (both are in the sidebar menu).
  • Grab a button! You can get it from the sidebar using the handy grab code, or save the image to your computer to share.

As with the Christmas Spirit Readathon, I usually do not secure prize donations, but I will be offering one small prize this time. However, if anyone would like to donate prizes, please let me know. 

I'm excited that Sci-Fi Summer is now a tradition! I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.



truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. Would not miss! I'm participating in this, and because I so love it, I'm dedicating June entirely as my personal Space Out With Sci Fi Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to getting reacquainted to my love of Sci-fi, the moon, the stars, the galaxies, and everything in between. https://mysternightowl.wordpress.com/2018/05/21/may-ideas-leading-into-june/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the audiobook for Fahrenheit 451, so I'll save that one for the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've been meaning to tackle Dune for a while so this gives me the perfect excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about this. I've picked out a few alien books I can't wait to get into! Do you all have any thoughts about Armada?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Fahrenheit 451 background!Looking forward to knocking a few SciFi books off my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for this Im for sure reading This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada and Sanctuary by Caryn Lix

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very excited to dive into Octavia Butler in June!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love science fiction so I can't not participate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will probably only be able to read 1-3 Books but still want to take part
    in the Read-a-thon.
    Thanks.
    Carol Smith
    penelope223@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sci fi is one of my favorite genres. I think I'll go the graphic novel route this time!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf