Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon--Sign Up Here! #WintersRespite


Well, Christmas is officially over and I'm looking forward to the new year and some Winter's respite and recovery. I also quit my overly demanding job and I'm starting a new work-at-home job that I'm hoping will be less consuming of my valuable family and reading time. We shall see. I'm thinking it will be. Staying positive. Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and wishing you much health and prosperity in the New Year!

This is the official sign up for A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon! Dates are January 18 - 24, starting at 12:00am Monday and ending at 11:59pm on Sunday. Times are central standard time so adjust your times accordingly. Of course, like most read-a-thons, the books read must be novels or novellas, adult or young adult are fine, and you can read children's books too (as long as you do read some novels too). Note: Non-Fiction is also okay! You DO NOT have to participate the entire week. Join in when you can, start in the middle, end early...whatever works best for your schedule. As with all of my read-a-thons, it will be a week of relaxed reading during which we can personally challenge ourselves and whittle away those ever looming TBR piles/shelves/libraries. 

Guidelines for the read-a-thon can be found HERE or you can access in the tab at the top of the blog. Any information you need about the read-a-thon can be found there. Please do be sure to check the guidelines to make sure you're following along correctly. There are specific rules regarding signing up and wrapping up, especially in regards to the giveaway. Also, regarding the giveaway, I'll be again adding a Google form to capture names and email addresses so if you're interested in winning a prize (and you've met the sign up and wrap up criteria), I will ask you to fill in that form which will be located on the prize page.

I will not be hosting any mini-challenges. However, if anyone else would like to host a mini-challenge or giveaway, you are more than welcome. I am also looking for prize donations so if anyone would like to contribute, let me know. Authors, this is a great way to promote your book! (Contact me using the contact form above). 

Our hashtag is #WintersRespite Also, don't forget about our Facebook group. You can access via the tab at the top of the blog.

Sign up in the linky below. You do not have to do a post now, unless you want to help spread the word (much appreciated). If you don't have a blog, use Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads. Having a blog is not required. Be sure to grab the button at the top of this post (there's also a grab code below the button in the sidebar).

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

Photobucket

Follow on Bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to participating in the winter's respite read-a-thon. My problem is always that I forget to do a wrap-up post so I will have to hang a post-it reminder somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to meet my reading goal in 2016 !!!! ( Narrowly missed it this year) ... so am looking forward to a the read-a-thon and some wonderfully dedicated reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be my 2nd ever readathon, and very much looking forward to it!! Thank you!! My post:http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-winters-respite-readathon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be my 2nd read-a-thon of the year, so I expect to totally rock my reading challenges this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be my first ever read-a-thon. I will be adding a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to join on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to join you. I'm new to read-a-thons so im really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to join you all on this one! This will be my second ever readathon!! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! My name is Gaia and I'm an Italian book blogger :D So excited to join this read-a-thon ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first read-a-thon. I'm super excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where to post my goal post. I dont have a blog so I'll just leave it here: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, Hookah by Cameron Jace, One flew over the cuckoo's nest by ken kesey, and six of crows by leigh bardugo

      Delete
  11. I'm hoping this will encourage me to read a lot before I have to go back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sorry to have posted two goal posts already..if you want you can delete the first goal post. I would but I have absolutely no idea of how to do that!

    Looking forward to this readathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to the Winter Read-a-thon.
    Hope to get my TBR pile down some.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Carol Smith
    penelope223@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My book group reads nonfiction, so I'll be reading this month's selection which is Emptiness Dancing by Adyashanti. Will also be reading a client's historical novel manuscript by then, which is Book One of The Mark of Wu series by Stephen M. Gray. Special thanks to sweet Michelle for keeping us all organized and most importantly, READING, lest it become obsolete to TV and video games, right? Perish the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to catching up on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to start this! I've been lacking reading motivation so I'm sooo behind on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First ever read-a-thon - Pretty excited to be joining and participating along side all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds fun! I'm ready to read...

    ReplyDelete
  19. While I am probably going to do a lot of reading as the temperatures drop, I can not sign up this time. I am beginning some online classes and better plan to attend. But I will be ready for spring! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad Goodreads sends out reminders. :) I have six or seven books I'd like read this week so hopefully this will help encourage me to do just that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm with you Tressa, I had set this aside in my mind and got the Goodreads reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to getting some reading done this week! Thanks for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to reading and connecting with others.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This will be my first read-a-thon. I'm going to try to finish four books. I already read one yesterday (Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan), and the next three I plan to read are Lies by Michael Grant, The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead, and Some Boys by Patty Blount.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for hosting, Michelle! I'm looking forward to reading more this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello! Just found out about the Winter Respite readathon now haha, but I'm excited to get started! I recently began the audiobook version of Pieces of Her by Karin Slaught. So far it's good!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf