Sunday, August 26, 2012

FrightFall Read-a-Thon--Sign Up!


It's here! The official sign up for the FrightFall Read-a-Thon! A week long fest of scary reading (well, at least one scary book anyway).  All you have to do to participate is read at least one horror/scary book.  For the faint-hearted among you, it can be a spooky mystery, a scary thriller, or something classically gothic.  This time I'm allowing children's books for those of you who have kids...with one condition...five picture books equal one novel.  Sound fair?  Middle grade novels can count as one book.  I will not be hosting any mini-challenges, as we learned from my last two read-a-thons, focusing on the reading rocks.  However, if anyone else would like to host a mini-challenge, you are more than welcome.  Of course, there will be a big giveaway at the end.  And we will have a few scheduled Twitter chats again (and perhaps some more reading sprints).  Our twitter hashtag is #FrightFall.

Sign up in the linky below.  You do not have to do a post now, unless you want to help spread the word (hint, hint...)  If you don't have a blog, use Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads.  Having a blog is not required.  Be sure to grab the button at the top of this post.  (Don't forget that this is just the sign-up linky.  There will be starting line sign-in and wrap-up linkies during the read-a-thon and doing both is required to be eligible for the giveaway).

I am looking for prize donations so if anyone would like to contribute, let me know.  Authors, this is a great way to promote your book! Email me--truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom



During the entire month of October, I'm hosting Season of the Witch at Castle Macabre.  My reading focus in the scariest month of the year will be witches and I'll be inviting others to join me.  There will also be at least one giveaway and hopefully some guest posts.  Wanna write a scary post?  Let me know.  It does NOT have to be witch related, but if it is, that's great too! So witchy reading at Castle Macabre will fit right in with this read-a-thon!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! Signing up for another read-a-thon - I do love me some scary reading come October! We might even be settled in our new house by then, so I'll be able to snuggle up in the conservatory and watch the rain while I read something suitably spooky.

    One thing - someone distracted me (world's most boring customer, don't ask) and I forgot to make my name on the Linky 'Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl' instead of just 'Ellie'... could you fix it for me? Sorry, I'll be more careful next time! Cheers m'dears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait for this one!! Thanks for hosting, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined the event. I also joined your blog as a follower.
    I'm hosting a challenge in September with the theme of Paris. September in Paris Reading Challenge. If anyone would like to join me.
    http://impressionsinink.blogspot.com/2012/08/september-in-paris-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up for the Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon! Love the banner, that is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am new to this- just getting started setting up my own book blog. I am definitely going to folow this one! I am so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A read-a-thon sounds like just the ticket to get those spooky books read in October!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ALL in! :)

    Thanks for hosting this.

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle! I want to participate this readathon! It sounds like fun.

    I messed up when signing up and (instead of putting my blog link) I put a link to an old post. The incorrect link is #24 will you please remove it? I'm sorry.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I've already signed up, good thing I checked, because I hadn't :) Now I need to get some scary books :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weird, I thought I'd already signed up too, but didn't see myself on there, so hopefully I didn't do it twice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had fun during the High Summer Read-a-Thon. Now I'm ready for another week-long event. I have plenty of books on my TBR list -- will have to make sure that one of them fits the "scary" criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have joined and I am happy to be back as I unfortunately couldn't take part in the summer Read-a-Thon. I have linked to my actual blog as I haven't made a post yet for this.
    I would also like to join the Season of the Witch but can't find the linky on Castle Macabre.

    I am also looking forward to this as I am not reading much at the moment and would like to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I wish I could join, but I just don't think I'll have the time. Thanks for letting me know about it in the Bloggiesta chat on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    I'd like to join in. lIke Beth this will be my first time and I'm looking forward to it. I'd like to find a good book about witches!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf